Monday, May 28, 2007

Chronicles of Weekend 2

Last few days were really gloomy. Don't remember much except for work. Even last weekend was blur. I expected this weekend to be the same too. But it was different.

It started Friday evening. I got to annoy the HR. And suddenly everything was great with the world. We all had a gala of time pissing him off. For an HR he is not dumber. Just dumb(Dev my man, if you are reading this please understand that I respect you. But don't expect me to give it to you. You will always be my verbal punching bag).

In the evening while I was waiting for my friend to pick me up, I heard this AIDS awareness ad. Jawan hoon, nadaan nahi. Targeting the youth. This ad campaign usually ends telling that 33% of AIDS affects are youth. That's why this ad is targeted towards the young. Now I have a question. What about the rest 57%? (It's 57 right? or 87? or 39? Being weak in maths is hereditary) Why target the 33%? What about the not-young-but-still-have-AIDS people? A campaign should run targeting them too. Budha hoon aur nadaan bhi hoon.

Afterwards me and friend went to Kobe's and emptied their kitchen. Then we just hanged out till the time when we had no choice but to return to home. Meanwhile I called up my Mom and convinced her that I was working late and will grab a bite on my way back.

Saturday I had to attend a 50th wedding anniversary function. Two of my grand dads were married on the same day. A small recreation took place. One of the "grooms" cracked some inappropriate jokes in a way only he can. Inappropriate but funny as hell. At dinner time I had to curb my vicious natural tendencies and restrict myself to only one scoop of ice cream. That was not funny. Not funny at all.

Sunday's highlight was my yet another futile attempt to find a converter for PS2. I am this close(put your index finger and thumb so close that only a thread can pass) to permanently damage my TV so that Dad will have to get a new one which can support NTSC. But I fear that he will see through my plan and the consequences will be rather unpleasant for me. In the evening there was another function at my uncle's place. But being a health conscious person I did not eat anything.

As a result I was awarded with a reduction of 2 kilos this morning.

One can also say that I eat 2 kilos worth of food at one go.

P.S. This is something I forgot to add before. At the anniversary function there was a photo of all the then kids including me. I must have been a 10 year old. I showed that pic to my sister and told her that my teeth don't look too big and out of the place now as they used to all those years back. Her response was that in all those year I have taken efforts to make my body size match my teeth. That's why they don't look out of the place now.
After she gets married I'm going to use her cupboard to store all my stinking socks and wet towels as a revenge.

3 comments:

Abru said...

Still fiddling with the settings of the PS2?

Is it so hard to use it on PAL TVs?
All the best yaar,

I can understand how difficult is it to wait this much, after purchasing such a good product....

Bhushan said...

no worries. found a converter this weekend. was up till 5 on saturday playing. spent the sunday sleeping. mom was not happy.

Abru said...

Wow, great!!!!!
Happy gaming...

Subscribe Now