Monday, May 14, 2007

Success is Sweet

Yesterday was a joyous day. A very special occasion. After the gym, I measured my weight again. I had lost over 1 kilo. In just one week. I was so happy that my friend was sure that I gained all that I had lost. One week of workout finally paid off. One week of control over eating habits. Tongue celibacy if you will. This part was more difficult than the workout itself. I don’t eat much junk food, but whatever I consume at home is sufficient to make up for it.

When I told mom about my achievement, she replied with a cynical tone “Darya mein khaskhas”. Any other day this comment would have doused my spirit. But no sir, not yesterday. The last time I lost weight when I was in 9th grade. Because of jaundice. It was always ladder up after that. From what I heard people become half their size in jaundice. I had merely lost 2 kilos. And I was strictly eating only boiled vegetables and other all oil-free tasteless stuff. When my tuition class sir heard about this, he said that Bhushan was not suffering from jaundice but jaundice was suffering from Bhushan. In Marathi, his actual words were Kaavil la Bhushan jhala hota.

So you can probably imagine my happiness over losing my weight. It was time for celebration. And I celebrated it by eating nearly half of the fresh homemade mango ice-cream.

No comments:

Subscribe Now